At Bevara, we are completely focused on giving our team members the tools and support needed to achieve their professional goals. We have an incredibly dynamic and interactive team-focused culture. Bevara encourages a healthy work-life balance and we’re proud to say we work hard and play hard!
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced, energetic team player to take on the role of Chief Engineer in a commercial high-rise setting located in downtown Milwaukee. The ideal candidate is a working chief that is not afraid to get his or her hands dirty. Our Chief Engineer will be responsible for driving successful maintenance operations alongside overseeing and developing a team of dynamic engineers. This is a “hands on” position where candidate must demonstrate extensive knowledge of all tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment (i.e., filtration system changes, lubrication, inspection and adjustment of belts and pulleys, cleaning of boiler and condenser tubes, cooling tower maintenance, light fixture ballast replacement and bearing replacement).
- Operate and maintain a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems including but not limited to water chillers, cooling towers, pumps, heat exchangers, air handling equipment, fans, automatic temperature controls, electrical switch gear, distribution switch boards and panels, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, valves, and plumbing fixtures.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC systems and BAS controls
- Ensure building HVAC mechanical systems are online and functioning properly. Check vendor preventative maintenance of building systems and sub-systems.
- Assist in hiring, training, evaluating, motivating and counseling engineers.
- Monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Assists with annual budgeting by determining systems in need of overhaul/repair or replacement. Determines priorities of repairs/projects. Sets work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Uses a computerized maintenance management work order system to open, complete and close work orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing and enforcing industry safety standards.
- Ambassador for the building – be positive, informative and helpful to all tenants and visitors
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Proficiency in working with hand held devices (smartphones) and electronic work order systems
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Must be available for on-call rotation.
- Five to ten years maintenance experience in a Class A high-rise building with training in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, BAS controls or related fields.
- Knowledge of life safety systems including fire alarms, sprinkler, fire pumps and emergency generators.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and customer service skills.
About Bevara’s Benefits
- Full range of health benefits offered- medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability
- Roth and traditional 401K retirement plans offered
- Company provided life insurance plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
Bevara Building Services provides equal employment to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.