Flex- Building Engineer - Approximately 2-4 Hours/Month
At Bevara, we are completely focused on giving our team members the tools and support needed to achieve their professional goals. We have an incredibly dynamic and interactive team-focused culture. Bevara encourages a healthy work-life balance, and we’re proud to say we work hard and play hard!
About the Position
We are seeking passionate people to join our growing and dynamic maintenance team in Appleton! Our Building Engineers are customer service representatives for our clients and their tenants. The Flex Engineer will work alongside our Building Engineering team to provide support and back up coverage on an as-needed basis. The Flex Engineer will train with our full-time Building Engineer a few hours a month to stay current and familiar with the buildings and will act as back up coverage during vacations or possibly provide additional emergency support. This position’s primary responsibility is to safeguard the interests of the owners and safety of the tenants by maintaining the physical condition of the property and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, as well as protect the property and equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional in the trades with a flexible schedule- perhaps a retired Engineer or someone who owns their own business. This position is perfect for someone looking for some additional hours per month but not tied to a set schedule.
- First point of contact and representative of management, as well as ownership, the candidate should have strong customer service and communication skills.
- Conduct routine assessments of the building systems operations.
- Responsible for minor repairs, preventative maintenance, and service requests on building equipment, tenant spaces, and components located in the interior and exterior of the building.
- Oversee the property’s mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire systems; report deficiencies to Operations team and Property Manager.
- Respond to tenant requests in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems.
- Be pro-active with the buildings and create/maintain an ongoing task list of potential work for the property management group.
- Follow and assist in the creation of additional standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as needed.
- Maintain great communication with the Operations Support staff and Property Managers.
- Be the main point of contact for vendors on assigned properties. Building Engineers will be in charge of checking vendors in/out, escorting them to area of assigned work, and taking thorough notes of work performed.
- Assist with fire panel and fire extinguisher inspections. Make sure to notify tenants when inspections are planned.
- Miscellaneous tasks such as garbage removal and exterior lock box inspections.
- Enforce a safe jobsite and maintain compliance with company safety, OSHA, and customer-specific safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- A minimum of 3-5 years commercial building operations and engineering experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions independently
- Proficiency in working with hand held devices (smartphones) and electronic work order systems
- Must possess strong organizational skills and motivation to get the job done well
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment
About Bevara’s Benefits
- Roth and traditional 401K retirement plans offered
Bevara Building Services provides equal employment to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.