Flex Engineer - Approximately 2-4 Hours/ Month
At Bevara, we are completely focused on giving our team members the tools and support needed to achieve their professional goals. We have an incredibly dynamic and interactive team-focused culture. Bevara encourages a healthy work-life balance and we’re proud to say we work hard and play hard!
About the Position
We are seeking a passionate person to join our growing and dynamic maintenance team in Texas! The Flex Engineer will work alongside our Building Engineering team to provide support and back up coverage on an as-needed basis. The Flex Engineer will train with our full-time Building Engineer a few hours a month to stay current and familiar with the buildings and will act as back up coverage during vacations or possibly provide additional emergency support. This position’s primary responsibility is to safeguard the interests of the owners and safety of the tenants by maintaining the physical condition of the property and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, as well as protect the property and equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional in the trades with a flexible schedule- perhaps a retired Engineer or someone who owns their own business. This position is perfect for someone looking for some additional hours per month but not tied to a set schedule.
- Routinely join our full-time Engineer(s) for building tours to get familiar with the local assets, tenants, and property management teams
- Provide back up coverage in cases of emergency, employee vacation, or other employee leave
- Conduct routine assessments of the building systems operations
- Be responsible for minor repairs, preventative maintenance and service requests on building equipment, tenant spaces and components located in the interior and exterior of the building
- Oversee the property’s mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire systems; reports deficiencies to Operations team and Property Manager
- Respond to tenant requests in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems
- Be pro-active with the buildings and creating/maintaining an ongoing task list of potential work for the property management group
- Prepare and maintain maintenance logs for assigned properties
- Follow, and assist in the creation of, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as needed
- Maintain great communication with the Operations Support staff and Property Managers
- Be the main point of contact for vendors on assigned properties. Flex Engineers may be in charge of checking vendors in/out, escorting them to area of assigned work, and taking thorough notes of work performed
- Perform miscellaneous tasks such as garbage removal, exterior lock box inspections, ensure exterior ladders are guarded from the general public at all times.
- Enforce a safe jobsite and maintains compliance with company safety, OSHA, and customer-specific safety standards
- Complete other duties as assigned
During times of coverage, you may be asked to:
- Flexible schedule; Flex Engineers will not have a set schedule of hours, but will be providing back up coverage for our Engineer(s) on an as-needed basis.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- A minimum of 3-5 years commercial building operations engineering experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions independently
- Proficiency in working with hand held devices (smartphones) and electronic work order systems
- Must possess strong organizational skills and motivation to get the job done well
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment
About Bevara’s Benefits
- Roth and traditional 401K retirement plans offered
Bevara Building Services provides equal employment to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.