About the Company
Bevara Building Services is seeking a passionate external hire to join the ALPLA team in West Bend, WI! ALPLA is a family owned company that was established in 1955 and rapidly expanding within the manufacturing world. Specializing in the creation and distribution of plastic bottles, ALPLA is known for their global presence and unique, high-quality equipment.
About the Position
The main duties of these roles are to make, modify, and maintain parts for production to minimize equipment downtime.
The ideal candidate is someone who has the knowledge and skillset to operate blow molding machines as well as how to clean and service molds. Candidates must be comfortable operating heavy equipment such as lathes, milling machines, etc.
• Maintains molds
o Cleaning, modifying, repairing molds
o Reporting damaged equipment to supervisor
• Work with outside mold vendors when needed
o Document supplies needed for equipment
o Act as main contact for technical department
• Assists maintenance department in modifying and repairing parts as needed
• Order parts as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Accuracy and precision of assigned tasks
• Safety and quality
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Completion of related apprenticeship or equivalent
• Work experience at ALPLA or similar industry
• Performing a semi-skilled level of tool making activities which is sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above
• Ability to read and follow prints
• Basic computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, use hands to finger, handle or feel.
• The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit.
• The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs independently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
About Alpla's Benefits
• Full range of health benefits offered- medical, dental, vision
• 401K retirement plan offered, with company match, fully vested upon start date
• HSA (Health Savings Account) with employer contributions
• Paid vacation and personal time
• Paid holidays
Bevara Building Services provides equal employment to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.