Building Operations Engineer
About the Company
Bevara Building Services is seeking a passionate external hire to join the Catalyst HRE team in Pensacola, FL! Catalyst HRE was established 10 years ago and is now one of the nation’s fastest growing healthcare real estate development firms. Catalyst HRE takes pride in their relaxed company culture that inspires out of the box thinking. The company’s values focus on results, creativity, honesty/candor, and strong teamwork. There is a great passion for the work they do.
About the Position
The Building Operations Engineer supports the Property Management department in all aspects of day-to-day maintenance, operations, repair, and efficient operation of all building systems and equipment of the property, including client, tenant, vendor relations, and work order management. The Engineer will be expected to coordinate and complete all requests for work, assign priorities, delegate to appropriate contractor, if required, and follow-up on completion. In particular, the Engineer will be expected to perform routine maintenance and repairs of all HVAC, boiler, heating, refrigeration, water, and energy systems to ensure the effective operation of the facility. This is a supervisory position and requires management and training of technicians. Currently, this position oversees two other technicians.
- Experience should include troubleshooting and operating complex mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, including repair of pumps, motors, pump seals, painting, and a working knowledge of piping systems
- Duties include but are not limited to maintenance and operation of chillers, boilers, building automation system operation, air handlers, VAV control systems, cooling towers, diesel generator, UPS systems, and Fire Alarm Systems
- Operation, maintenance and repairs of refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, valves, and all devices used to control temperature and air conditioning systems in their entirety
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of sanitary sewer systems, lift stations, sump pumps including basins, water closets, urinals and piping
- Electrical experience, replacing bulbs, ballasts, receptacles, switches, and general troubleshooting
- Carpentry experience, replacing ceiling tiles, carpet tiles, repairing doors, including locks, hinges, closers and cabinet/furniture hardware
- Working knowledge of piping systems and the knowledge of reading basic blueprints
- Ability to use independent judgment to recognize an emergency situation or condition that could lead to an emergency
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in the completion of services, including safety requirements associated with the building and building equipment
- Assess and diagnose required repairs, both for estimated cost and escalation to vendor
- Procure materials/parts in a timely manner to meet client service level completion times/dates
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns
- Perform all work to industry standards and maintain a professional manner and appearance
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the general building maintenance industry, including facility plant engineering and maintenance operations.
- A high school diploma, GED, technical school apprenticeship, trade school graduate or equivalent required.
- Universal CFC is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and/or tablet for work order application and email. Basic Microsoft Office Outlook skills.
- Ability to multi-task while meeting multiple deadlines and adhering to changing priorities.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and clients.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proactive, initiate follow-through.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more. Must be able to work in cramped positions for extended periods of time, work on hands and knees, and reach with hands and arms and balance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
About Catalyst HRE’s Benefits
- Full range of health benefits offered- medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability
- 401K retirement plan offered, with company match
- Company provided life insurance plan
- Competitive PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
Bevara Building Services provides equal employment to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.