Director, Facility Management
At Bevara, we are completely focused on giving our team members the tools and support needed to achieve their professional goals. We have an incredibly dynamic and interactive team-focused culture. Bevara encourages a healthy work-life balance and we’re proud to say we work hard and play hard!
About the Position
Bevara’s growing Facility Management (FM) division is looking to add a dynamic leader to our team. The Director, Facility Management will serve our team members through a guided approach to continual improvement while also serving our clients through sustainable and impactful management of their buildings and sites. Our ideal candidate is someone who is ready to provide a high level of internal and external customer service with regular visits to customer job sites. This person must be ready to jump in and take challenges head on and should aim to increase our knowledge and help us better serve our team, our customers and contractors.
- Directly manage a diverse portfolio of properties in and around Milwaukee, WI
- Indirectly manage a portfolio of assets in multiple states through our FM team.
- Provide strategic direction, oversight, and management of all team members within our FM division.
- Partner with Bevara leadership to support growth mindset strategic initiatives to broaden our footprint
- Create solutions for various client property and asset challenges
- Drives projects to successful completion. Monitors timetables and progress. Engages with staff and contractors to resolve problems and achieve goals.
- Implements, improves and establishes policies, goals, standards of work and work processes to ensure maximum productivity and efficient delivery of services.
- Leads team through hiring, onboarding, training, performance management, mentoring and development of team members to create a high performing team including cross training of skills.
- Coordinate system repairs and monitor system performance (HVAC, Fire Alarm, etc.)
- Oversee all subcontracted services for each building/asset (janitorial, elevator, snow removal, fire protection, etc.)
- Manage subcontractor bidding processes (bid leveling, vendor selection, vendor startup).
- Meet with clients and attend building walk throughs, some out of town or overnight travel may be required per client needs
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols
- Check in on large projects; make sure they are staying on specified timeline and budget
- Build rapport with onsite property teams; manage technical escalations
- After-hours availability is required for emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- 5+ years facility/building management experience
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and contractors
- Proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Have a strong customer orientation and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous, and agile environment
- A strong understanding of lease language application and dealing with varying property responsibilities.
- Proficiency in FMX or other facility management software
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to team members, customers, leaders and/or public groups.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Willingness and ability to work various hours which may include evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
About Bevara’s Benefits
- Full range of health benefits offered- medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability
- Roth and traditional 401K retirement plans offered
- Company provided life insurance plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- An unbeatable work environment
Bevara Building Services provides equal employment to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.