Chief Building Engineer
At Bevara, we are completely focused on giving our team members the tools and support needed to achieve their professional goals. We have an incredibly dynamic and interactive team-focused culture. Bevara encourages a healthy work-life balance, and we’re proud to say we work hard and play hard!
About the Position
We are seeking passionate people to join our growing and dynamic maintenance team in Arizona! Our Chief Building Engineers are customer service representatives for our clients and their tenants. They also focus in on any and all maintenance needs for the properties that they oversee. This position’s primary responsibility is to safeguard the interests of the owners and safety of the tenants by maintaining the physical condition of the property and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, as well as protect the property and equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration. The ideal candidate has a go-getter attitude, is a self-motivated team player, and a true jack of all trades.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment (i.e., filtration system changes, lubrication, inspection and adjustment of belts and pulleys, cleaning of boiler and condenser tubes, cooling tower maintenance, light fixture ballast replacement and bearing replacement).
- Operate and maintain a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems including but not limited to water chillers, cooling towers, pumps, heat exchangers, air handling equipment, fans, automatic temperature controls, electrical switch gear, distribution switch boards and panels, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, valves, and plumbing fixtures.
- Recommend and implement improvements for the preventative maintenance program on an ongoing basis.
- Develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals and enforce compliance.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC systems and BAS controls.
- Ensure building HVAC mechanical systems are online and functioning properly. Check vendor preventative maintenance of building systems and sub-systems.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/ pneumatic equipment, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusors and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the building and its tenants.
- Monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer/tenant concerns.
- Assist with annual budgeting by determining systems in need of overhaul/repair or replacement. Determine priorities of repairs/projects. Sets work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Follow through on plans to check progress and ensure timely, quality completion of plans.
- Review and verify invoices concerning engineering.
- Use a computerized maintenance management work order system to open, complete, and close work orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing and enforcing industry safety standards.
- Be an ambassador for the building – positive, informative, and helpful to all tenants and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Proficiency in working with hand held devices (smartphones) and electronic work order systems.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must be available for participation in an on-call rotation.
- Five to ten years maintenance experience in a Class A high-rise building with training in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, BAS controls or related fields.
- Knowledge of life safety systems including fire alarms, sprinkler, fire pumps, and emergency generators.
- Stooping, standing, climbing, and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders).
- Maybe required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/ emergency situations.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and customer service skills.
About Bevara’s Benefits
- Full range of health benefits offered - medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability
- Roth and traditional 401K retirement plans offered
- Company provided life insurance plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
Bevara Building Services provides equal employment to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.