At Bevara, we are completely focused on giving our team members the tools and support needed to achieve their professional goals. We have an incredibly dynamic and interactive team-focused culture. Bevara encourages a healthy work-life balance and we’re proud to say we work hard and play hard!
About the Position
We are seeking passionate people to join our growing and dynamic maintenance team in Arizona! Our Building Engineers are customer service representatives for our clients and their tenants. They also focus in on any and all maintenance needs for the properties that they oversee. This position’s primary responsibility is to safeguard the interests of the owners and safety of the tenants by maintaining the physical condition of the property and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, as well as protect the property and equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration. The ideal candidate has a go-getter attitude, is a self-motivated team player, and a true jack of all trades.
- Conduct routine assessments of the building systems operations
- Responsible for minor repairs, preventative maintenance and service requests on building equipment, tenant spaces and components located in the interior and exterior of the building
- Oversees the property’s mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire systems; reports deficiencies to Operations team and Property Manager
- Respond to tenant requests in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems
- Being pro-active with the buildings and creating/maintaining an ongoing task list of potential work for the property management group
- Prepare and maintain maintenance logs for assigned properties
- Following and assist in the creation of additional standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as needed
- Maintaining great communication with the Operations Support staff and Property Managers
- Being the main point of contact for vendors on assigned properties. Stationary Building Engineers will be in charge of checking vendors in/out, escorting them to area of assigned work, and taking thorough notes of work performed.
- Assist with fire panel and fire extinguisher inspections. Making sure to notify tenants when inspections are planned.
- Miscellaneous tasks such as garbage removal, exterior lock box inspections, ensuring exterior ladders are guarded from the general public at all times.
- Enforce a safe jobsite and maintains compliance with company safety, OSHA, and customer-specific safety standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- A minimum of 3-5 years commercial building operations engineering experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions independently
- Proficiency in working with hand held devices (smartphones) and electronic work order systems
- Must possess strong organizational skills and motivation to get the job done well
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment
About Bevara’s Benefits
- Full range of health benefits offered- medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability
- Roth and traditional 401K retirement plans offered
- Company provided life insurance plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
Bevara Building Services provides equal employment to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.